Wednesday, May 17, 2006

AI Lowdown

So, it's almost over.

I almost didn't watch last night because I'm still mourning the loss of Chris.
I want to blame someone so I blame Taylor because I hate that Soul Patrol shit he shouts over and over.
I want to hit someone when he does that so last night, I hit my nephew repeatedly with a throw pillow each time Taylor Hicks twirled his fist like a lost Arsenio Hall audience member and uttered those hateful words.

I voted repeatedly for Elliot and threw a couple Katharine's way because I thought that she sang most of her songs beautifully.
I still say there is something missing with her. She has it all, it would seem but she seems VERY uncomfortable. I don't know if she just hasn't found herself in her music yet or if she's competing for someone else's dream and not her own.
She just seems like a stranger in her own skin and it makes me a little uncomfortable when I watch her.

I thought Elliot was wonderful. I love his voice and his style of singing. I love that he's not some affected pretty boy. He's just a normal guy you'd see on the street any given day.

Katharine's performance of Over the Rainbow was beautiful....except.....what the fuck is she doing on the FLOOR again? How about a stool or sitting on a step? Why is she sprawled out on the floor like she just took a fall down a long flight of stairs?
I just don't get that.

I wanted to hate Taylor. Dancing in the Dark didn't do anything for me. I was happy for that.
Then he sang his second song. Ok...dammit...it was good.
But then he had to go and sing my all-time favorite song, Try a Little Tenderness by Otis Redding. Why oh why did he have to go and do that?
It was good. It was really good. I didn't like the ending, though. He should have stuck with the "Yagotta gotta gotta..." thing which is just cool.

Anyway...
I can't make any predictions. Everyone is talking about Taylor winning but after the Chris Debacle, I just can't bring myself to choose the lesser of 3 mediocres.

No comments: