Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I Missed the Boat

Don't you find it odd that I totally blew off International Women's Day?
What does this mean?  Am I not a woman?  Do I not celebrate being a woman?
Look, don't get me wrong, I think being a woman is great.  I enjoy using my breasts to get a man's attention as much as the next gal but do we need a DAY?
What is a day going to get us?  Equal pay?  A free pass from menstrual cramps and child birth?  A day off?
I don't think so.

And while we're on the subject of days...
Why does everything get a "day" now?  We have National Peanut Day, International Sandwich Month, etc.  Now we just need a Grape Jelly Week and we'll have PB&Js!

What's next?  National Take a Crap Day?  International Trim Your Toenails Week?  The Great American Cry Yourself To Sleep Because You'll Never Find a Man and You'll Die Alone Month?

I can't wait.

No comments: