Thursday, March 9, 2006

Funktastic

I'm in a funk, kids.
It's one of those my-life-sux-so-I'm-just-going-to-sit-here-and-eat-ice-cream funks.
It's not an existential funk where you think "what am I doing with my life?" or a bad mood funk where you hate everyone.
I just want to lay in bed and watch bad TV and Showgirls (shank!).
Oh sure, I'll get over it.  Funks never last.  That's something you learn with age.  Everything seems hopeless, worthless and shitty for a while; then the tides turn, the planets realign and things seem to be pretty good again.

Sometimes I think that's why really young people commit suicide.  They haven't yet learned that it's shitty for a while, then good for a while, then shitty again, then good again.  They feel like it's going to be shitty forever.

I guess that's the upside of getting old...it's ebb and flow baby; yin and yang, funk and nofunk.

No comments: