Tuesday, June 26, 2007

“Every man dies - Not every man really lives.”

I can't let today go by without mentioning something that's been on my mind.

One year ago, today, the blogging world and the entire world itself lost someone very important: Rob Smith (aka Acidman) from Gut Rumbles.

After Rob died, the blogging world came together, for a moment. We all felt this loss that we couldn't explain. Many of us had never met this man but we felt like we knew him because he let us in. There was no bullshit with Rob. He was angry, melodramatic, sentimental, hilarious, raw, sensitive and compassionate...sometimes all in one day.
You never knew what you were going to get when you went to Gut Rumbles but you couldn't wait to get there because you knew it was going to be entertaining.

Some wonderful people are keeping Gut Rumbles alive so we can continue to be entertained but I still feel that hole in the blogosphere where Rob once reigned.

I saw this Winston Churchill quote and immediately thought of Acidman:

I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.

No comments: