Thursday, June 22, 2006

Two Years

I hate being overly-sentimental. I find it tiresome and I'm slightly cynical person but I couldn't let this day go by without a few thoughts.

As hard as it is to believe, my father died on this day two years ago.

Time has gone by so quickly, however, I feel like I just saw him yesterday.

Losing someone close to you is strange. Losing a parent almost seems unnatural.
One day they are here, right here in your life and the next day, they are gone and you really don't know where they went. Is there a heaven? A hell? An afterlife?

My father and I had a tumultuous relationship and there were times when I didn't like him very much but I do know that at no time did he ever stop loving me. Sometimes he didn't show it so well but I know that he did.

There are those five famous stages of grief and the final one is acceptance.

I don't think you can ever accept death. You just get use to the way it feels not having them around.

No comments: