Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Hey...I'm not dead...or a lesbian.

I'm actually feeling a TON better!
I wouldn't say I'm 100% but maybe 97%.
I went to the cardiologist yesterday and he didn't seem overly concerned about anything. He is agreeing with my PCP that it's a GI issue so he listened to my heart, heard a premature heartbeat which I was glad about.
You see, in the ER, the doctor heard and saw the premature beats but when I was wearing a monitor in the hospital room, my doctors there acted like I wasn't having them even though I could feel them.
So, I felt like I was a little vindicated there.
Anyway, he said they were benign and possibly being caused by my GI issue and said he'd see me back in 3 months, after the appointment with the Gastroenterologist.

Over the weekend, I got a facebook message from a friend of the family. She noticed my relationship status on facebook was "It's complicated" and she was curious.
I haven't changed my relationship status since the day I signed up for it and have since forgotten about it.
She wanted to know what was so complicated. I didn't feel like it was any of her business so I diplomatically stated that I keep my personal/love life separate from my family.
She wrote back a little deflated and said "Oh, I thought you were going to tell us you were gay."
Yes. She said that.
Now, I have figured that some people assume I'm gay because I'm in my 30's and unmarried but I don't really care about what people assume. It was just a little shocking to have someone just come right out and say it.

A few weeks ago, I made the decision to stop eating meat. I'm still eating chicken and turkey for a while but I eventually hope to make the transition to vegetarian.
So, while people will now assume I'm a lesbian, they'll also flip out over the fact that I'm a vegetarian. I might as well slip on some Birkinstocks and stop shaving my pits. [/stereotype]

No comments: