Saturday, January 23, 2010

Toooo Busy to Read


That's one of my biggest pet peeves; being too busy to read.
By the time I get home in the evenings, it's late and I'm just too tired to devote much time to the pages in a book.
Sometimes, I can sneak in a few pages here and there when it gets quiet at work but this week, I've been swamped.

I pressure myself to read as much as I can and feel almost guilty when I don't. I guess that's why I'm not a very good library borrower. I get books that have a time limit and suddenly the pressure is on. I hate feeling like I have to finish this book by a certain time...it's too much like school and I have never been scholastically inclined.

*sigh* I long for a life where I have a few hours a day to devote to a book.
I can't believe I'm bitching about my busy life....I don't have kids but I do have responsibilities and they have a tendency to take over.
Maybe I can be one of those people who read standing in line at the grocery store. Or maybe I should unplug my TV and not be lured into The Office reruns or the Late Night Wars (Team Coco!!).

I could become a real Luddite...except there is NO way I'm giving up my iPhone!

1 comment:

Jinx said...

Thank you so much, Marie. I wish I could take credit for the beautiful layout but I found it at www.bloggerstyles.com. They have some lovely layouts!

Thanks for stopping by...hopefully I will finish this book I'm reading soon and can write about it!