Monday, November 24, 2008

Confessional

Ok, so I have to confess something...
I guess about a year or so ago I read Twilight by Stephenie Meyer.
I was sucked in (no pun intended!) by it. Loved the characters, loved the drama, loved the star-crossed lovers, etc.
All of us at work became HUGE Twilight fans and couldn't wait to read the rest of the books in the series.
Then we tittered like school girls when we found out they were making a movie.

Yes, I was one of those silly girls in line for the movie Friday night but thankfully, I wasn't giggling and woohooing when Edward came into view or texting all my friends, giggling and whispering during the movie. Also, my mother didn't come and take pictures of me and my friends in the theater while we watched the commercials. (?!!)

I judged the movie rather harshly because I loved the book so much. I noticed every difference and remembered all the back stories that you don't get to know when you're watching the movie.
But, for a movie based on a wildly popular book, it was pretty good.
I hate to say this about an actor but I thought Kristen Stewart ruined the character of Bella.
She spoke in a horrible monotone and kept the exactly same facial expressions throughout the entire movie.
I don't know if this is her acting style or if this is the way she interpreted the character but it was awful.
I'm hoping she'll learn some inflection before the sequel.

It doesn't really matter, though. I'll be standing in line anyway.

No comments: