Monday, October 30, 2006

Everybody Blogs....Sometimes

A long time ago, I wrote an entry about my great aunt. She's 85. At the age of 79, she decided she wanted a computer and wanted to learn how to email.
She got a book on Windows 98 and computer basics and read it cover to cover.
Then her son showed her how to operate her computer and before long, she was emailing, web-surfing and shopping online.
Now, 6 years later, the internet has become her world. Her congestive heart failure has made it difficult for her to get around. but she doesn't miss a thing because she's got her computer and her internet.

Lately, she's been hearing about and reading blogs and has decided she would like to start her own blog.
My mother knows that I have a blog but she knows I don't want her reading it and she figures there is probably a good reason for that.
She told my aunt that I could help her and so I will.

I think she is amazing; 85 yrs old and she wants to dive into the world of blogging.
She grew up on a farm with no electricity and no running water. They had an outhouse and they did their homework by kerosene lamps. They picked cotton and shucked corn.
Now, she surfs the web and talks on her cell phone.

The world has moved so fast and she's kept right up with it.

I can only hope to be as savvy as she.

No comments: