Friday, September 22, 2006

Anti-Dating

Is it possible that all a man wants is a dumb woman?
Do guys feel it necessary to be smarter than the woman they are with?
Case in point:

I pulled into the gas station the other day at the same time as a man in a truck. We chose the same pump; me on one side, he on the other.
We made eye contact across the top of the pump and he smiled and said "How are you today?" I smiled back and said "I'm fine. You?"

We made small talk for a few seconds and I happened to look up and notice the gas prices.
"Wow," I said, "The gas prices sure have gone down fast."

He agreed, telling me a story about going to another town and their prices were even lower the weekend before.
He told me he thought they'd drop even more, "Kids are in school now and with winter coming, fewer people will be taking long trips. So, there will be less demand."

So on that same note I told him that I had heard that there are different blends for different times of the year. The winter blend has less additives so it's cheaper to make and costs less for the consumer.

I spoke with confidence because I remembered this interesting tidbit and was surprised I had the opportunity to use it in a conversation.

When I was done, his smile became forced, his eyes glazed over and he nodded hesitantly.
Our conversation was over.

I stood there for an awkward moment, wondering what to say next but luckily, the nozzle popped, alerting me that my tank was full.

I slammed the handle back into it's place, screwed the gas cap closed and shut the tiny door.
"Have a good evening."

"You too."

Is this why I'm single? Am I required to twirl my hair, smack my gum and giggle just to snag a man?

Please, I've never wanted anything -man or penis- bad enough to pretend to be stupid.
I have the whole package, boys. Great rack...brains...amazing in bed.
What more could an intelligent man ask for?
Oh...sorry...for a moment there, I thought I was this chick.

Jacqueline Mackie Paisley Jingleheimershmidt believes she's better than most of us.
She might be right.

This story of her blog entry is old but I couldn't help but think of it after my gas station encounter.

Sure, I might be slightly intelligent but that's about the only good thing I can say about myself.
I could never do one of those online dating things because I can give you a million reasons why you SHOULDN'T date me but I can only come up with a couple of reasons why you would want to.

Someone needs to come up with an anti-dating service.

"Don't Find the Love of Your Life Here"
"We have tons of women you shouldn't go out with."


I think I might be on to something here.

No comments: