Thursday, September 23, 2010

Sh*t My Dad Says by Justin Halpern

My Kindle was a gift from my sister. She bought a 2nd generation Kindle a while back, loved it so much that when the newest one came out, she ordered it and gave her "old" one to me.
Lucky little sister, aren't I?
She left a whole library of books on the Kindle for me. Most of them are things I'll never read because she enjoys self-help books and buys a lot of them.
However, she had a copy of Sh*t My Dad Says and I was shocked. This is not her style at all!
I follow Justin's @shitmydadsays account on twitter so obviously this is my style.

From B&N:
After being dumped by his longtime girlfriend, twenty-eight-year-old Justin Halpern found himself living at home with his seventy-three-year-old dad. Sam Halpern, who is "like Socrates, but angrier, and with worse hair," has never minced words, and when Justin moved back home, he began to record all the ridiculous things his dad said to him


This book was short and a really funny read. Justin's dad doesn't hold back...ever. He has very little patience and a quick wit that probably made him a lot of enemies but the way Halpern writes about his father is from love. You can tell even though he's saying things like,
"Do people your age know how to comb their hair? It looks like two squirrels crawled on their heads and started fucking."
it's obvious that he loves his sons and he's just trying to knock some sense into them!

Read this one. You'll be wishing you were this funny!

PS: Sh*t My Dad Says is now a sitcom on CBS starring William Shatner. I'm not sure anyone could do the real dad justice but I'll watch anyway.

No comments: