Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Everyone Loves a Roadtrip

Unless the roadtrip is 10 hours each way.
For a long ass trip, it actually went by pretty fast. We had iPhones, iPods and Kindles to keep up entertained. Plus, it was THREE sisters traveling together so we had plenty of people things to talk about!

When I was 5, my parents decided to uproot our lives and move us to Mississippi. One sister was already married , one sister was engaged so they got to stay home but one sister was only 16 so she had to go.
We moved to a TINY town where there was one school that housed 1st through 12th grade. I started 1st grade there and my sister finished up her sophomore year and started her junior year there....in the same school. It was weird.

Last weekend was Sister 3's 30 year highschool reunion. She and I planned to go but when Sister 2 heard we were going, she asked if she could tag along.

It was strange to see a place 30 years later. My memories belong to a 6 or 7 year old little girl and I wondered if they would match up to the reality.
In some ways they did. Places were, of course, a lot smaller than I remembered and unfortunately, some places were gone....like the first two houses we rented.

One is now a tree farm and another is a gas plant.















The creek where we use to swim is so much smaller than I imagined but still the same in so many ways.















Surprisingly, we had a good time. Being on the road for 20 + hours in three days is very tiring but the experience was well worth it.

3 comments:

Jenny Girl said...

What a road trip down memory lane?! Thanks for sharing and glad you had a good time.

colin said...

You are blogging less than me..

DeAnna said...

We can't have that, now can we, Colin?