Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Dog Blogging

Zoe turned 12 on Sunday. It's hard to believe that in March, it will be 12 years since Zoe came into our lives.

We wanted a Bichon and researched the breed. Then we decided to just go look at a litter of puppies.
Next thing we know, we're driving home with a 10 wk old puppy. She picked us!
S5001752
I didn't blog about it but she's having some health problems.
Several weeks ago she had a seizure while we were sleeping. It was violent and scary and I panicked.
I rushed her to the vet and there wasn't much they could do for her except to prescribe her diazepam for the anxiety that followed the seizure. Her blood work was oddly normal, no highs and no lows...everything was perfect.
There are a few theories as to why she had the seizure; some are scary and some are hopeful.
She hasn't quite been the same since the seizure and I worry.

I still haven't gotten over Crash's death. I'm not sure I'm ready to deal with Zoe's.

The diazepam is great, though. It's really helped with her anxiety which she's had since day one and has only gotten worse as she's gotten older. I just think it's strange to say to people, "My dog is on valium."
If her pills were more than 5mg each, I'd be taking them myself!

No comments: