- My dad's faithful dog/best friend died on Sunday. It was heartbreaking. He was a good dog and for 10 years, he and my dad were inseparable. I hope dogs do, in fact, go to heaven.
- I had a bit of a meltdown last night after realizing how overwhelmed I am by the responsibilities my family puts on me. I think I've stopped living my life in order to help them with theirs. Man, a therapist is going to have a fucking field day with me.
- American Idol was great last night. I was worried when I heard Barry Manilow and the 50's in the same sentence but most everyone pulled it out. Chris freaking blew me away. I've never been a fan of Johnny Cash's music but Chris gave I Walk the Line a new meaning for me.
- After admitting that I am not a fan of Johnny Cash; screaming, followed by comments impugning my character and intelligence, was heaped upon me. Assholes!
- I am sleep deprived. I might just either explode or fade away at any moment.
- I had a moment of severe hysterical realization recently. A 17yr old coworker asked me who Kurt Cobain was. I was incredulous at first. "How can you not know who Kurt Cobain is???" But later, I thought, "She was only 5 when he died." Which lead to, "She was born in 1989." Which lead to, "I was a junior in highschool when she was born." Which lead to the inevitable, "Mother of God. When did I get this old?"
- I'm usually in deep denial about my age. My brain sometimes thinks I'm still 18. I really don't have many adult responsibilities so I can fool myself into thinking I'm still young. Then, I see my best friend since childhood who has houses and cars and children and husbands and stepchildren and bills, bills, bills and I think, "If SHE is an adult what does that make me.....? Shit.
- I think I'm addicted to Red Bull. See the sleep deprivation bullet.
- I'm listening right now to a woman telling another woman (very loudly) about how CPS was called to her house and how she was accused of being a drug addict and lost custody of her kids. This is a classy joint, I tell ya. I guess I should be thankful we don't have hobos taking baths in our restrooms like some of the other places.
- People who call U.P.S., Ups, get on my nerves. He's the U.P.S. man not the upsman. Idiot.
Friday, March 24, 2006
Short Attention Span Blogging
I'm not empty but picking just ONE thing to write about would prove impossible right now.
Posted by DeAnna at 9:43 AM