Monday, March 13, 2006

A Morbid To-Do List

I was having a conversation with a friend the other day.
She mentioned that she and her S.O. might be planning a cruise for next year.
She said that it's something she's always wanted to do before she dies; well that and go to Disney World.
Before she dies she wants to take a cruise and go to Disney World.  Those are easily attainable goals. 
This made me think, though.  What do I want to accomplish before I die?  There are many things I'd like to do but I never thought about it in the context of doing it before I died.
It makes a difference believe it or not.  It makes you think that we really don't have that much time.
I've said it many times that life is precarious, life is fleeting and most of the time you don't get a warning before it ends.  And as far as I know, when it ends, it ENDS.  I don't think we get second turns, however, I could be wrong. 
But just in case, I think we should live at full capacity.  Err on the side of caution, so to speak.

So, in keeping with this idea, I made a list of things I'd like to do before I die.
I reserve the right to delete or add as many things as I want.

Things To Do Before I Die:



  • Get thin

  • Go to the Oscars in a fabulous gown

  • Become a published author

  • Love without fear

  • Travel Europe

  • Live in other cities/states/countries

  • Meet my soulmate

  • Find out why and how my nephew died

  • Learn ballroom dancing

  • Go blonde or color my hair pink

  • Hang out with Dave Grohl

  • Shop (with lots of money) on Rodeo Drive

  • Vacation in Costa Rica

  • Own my own home

  • Learn to truly meditate and turn my brain off for at least a moment

  • Spend a month on the Greek Islands

  • Tell certain people how I really feel

No comments: