Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

So, I did decide to ditch The Gargoyle, temporarily!
Mockingjay is the final book in the Hunger Games trilogy.
Seriously, if you haven't read these books, do it now.

I was in Barnes and Noble buying this book two days after it came out. The only reason I didn't get there that day was because of my stupid job....always getting in the way of reading.

From B&N:
Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has survived the Hunger Games twice. But now that she’s made it out of the bloody arena alive, she’s still not safe. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge. Who do they think should pay for the unrest? Katniss.

Katniss Everdeen may be a teenager but she's no kid. She's faced with far more than any person should have to deal with but somehow she keeps her humanity when others around her are becoming savage and ruthless.
Suzanne Collins does a remarkable job in taking us along for the ride. Our hearts break with Katniss and we cry for her losses. As a matter of fact, I couldn't even read the last two pages for the tears in my eyes!
This may be a Young Adult series but most adults I know are loving this.

No comments: