Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Feudin' Femmes

As embarrassing as this is for me, I've got to talk about the Kelly Ripa/Clay Aiken/Rosie O'Donnell debacle.

What a load of shit!

I've tried to "like" Rosie. I respect different lifestyles and different points of view on many topics but I'm tired of people pulling the "gay woman" card.
It never occurred to me that Kelly's comment would be considered a slam against all gay people.
But Rosie, with a giant lesbian chip on her shoulder, had to make it a homo-issue. I guarantee you that Clay Aiken didn't want that!
He has never come out of the closet. He's never once said whether or not he likes the ween.
But big mouth Rosie just made an even bigger issue of it.
Rosie O'Donnell spends her life on the defensive and I can't say I wouldn't be the same way if I had all the societal strikes against me that she does AND in the public eye constantly but it's obvious to me that she's spoiling for a fight.

With so many other "hot topic" issues in the world, I can't believe she chose Kelly Ripa's innocent remark to tear apart.
I wonder how long til Barbara Walters gives Rosie the ole Star Jones-Reynolds treatment?

No comments: