Friday, September 29, 2006

Leukoplakia

I haven't really felt like blogging much but I feel this pull to do it anyway.
I don't have one particular topic I feel like I can bear down on and discuss but lots of random things just swimming around in my head are bursting to get out.

I'm super excited about the Astros right now. They've won 9 in a row and are looking pretty strong.
They play the Braves tonight in the first of a 3-game series. They Braves are like 18.5 or so behind, however, they beat the crap out of the Mets the other night.
You have to like our chances but I don't want to jinx anything.
At this point, anything can happen!

The Cardinals are my second favorite team, so I hate to see them blow things the way they have, yet, it's really good for us so I have to be excited to see St. Louis lose!
Really, all this wildcard crap confuses the hell out of me. I'll just wait for someone to tell me if I can celebrate or cry.

The internet is a wonderful thing.
A few years ago, I blogged about an artist that I had been looking for at various art shows. I have several of his originals and was hoping to see him again someday.
The other day, I received an email from this man's son. He's still around and will be doing an art show here next month.
Apparently, he googled his dad and found my blog. How handy!

So, recently, I have reconnected with a friend that I had shoved out of my life, leaving a foot print on his ass.
I'm not sure why we have these connections with some but not others.
I've never had a problem erasing a person from my life but there are some that hang on to that invisible cord tying us together.
I'm not sure if it's good or bad that we're communicating again.

It just is.

No comments: