Friday, May 12, 2006

Floating

Shank wonders what is really floating around in his water.
That post reminded me of a time when something was in MY water.

I was living with my boyfriend many years ago. We were just hanging around the house one day.
I made myself a glass of water, sat down, took a few sips, set the glass down on the table next to the chair, then got up and walked away for a few minutes. I have no idea how long I was gone or what I was doing but later I returned to my chair and my glass of water while the boyfriend was sitting on the floor in front of the TV doing who-knows-what.
I was taking a sip of my water just as he turned and looked at me. "NOOOOoooOOOoooo!" he screamed and lunged for me in what seemed like slow motion.
I swallowed and said "Oh my God! What?????"

"Umm...Nevermind. Nothing." He said, the look of horror still visible on his face.

I nearly hauled him up by the scruff of his neck. "I don't think so, dammit! You better tell me what's wrong!"

He became frightened. "Well, I didn't know that was your water. I was working over here and suddenly I had to...well...I...uhhh.....I didn't want to get up so I hocked a lugee in the glass. De...Babe....I'm so sorry...oh God...are you ok? Want me to hold your hair?" he yelled at my back as I ran down the hall to the bathroom.

Any question as to why he's now my EX-boyfriend???

No comments: