Saturday, December 15, 2007

Short Attention Span Blogging

  • I've been reading a LOT lately. I got addicted to the Tales of the City books by Armistead Maupin and read all of them in just a few weeks.
  • Right now I'm reading The Balkan Trilogy by Olivia Manning. I'm having a hard time getting into it but its not the book's fault.
  • I have been enjoying my patio. A few of us in the apartment complex have these nice large (for an apartment) patios with tall fences around it. I use to sit out on mine but eventually I just started storing things out there. One day, I noticed a my neighbor had left some things out and the wind blew them under my patio fence, so I went out there to clean it up and saw the other neighbor's beautiful patio adjacent to mine. She had wrought iron furniture, wall decorations, plants, a bamboo rug and a little dog bed. I was jealous! Plus, I felt bad for my poor neighbor who obviously enjoyed her patio but had to sit next to my piece of crap! So, on that Sunday evening, I began cleaning. I threw away most of the stuff that I had stored out there. I cleaned my nearly new patio furniture and I found some candle holders around the house to put out there. Then I was on a quest. Everyday I would go out there and see what my neighbor had and go shopping for something comparable. She had some iron artwork on the wall, so I found some iron artwork to hang on the wall (although mine is completely different). She had a bamboo rug out there so I found a cool shag-type rug that matched my furniture. She had a dog bed, so I got TWO dog beds. I added other things to my liking of course, she was just my muse. Now, I have a lovely and comfortable patio!



  • The Astros have made some aggressive trades. We've gotten Miquel Tejada, Kaz Matsui, Michael Bourn and just last night, Jose Valverde at the expense of a LOT of guys I really liked. We've lost Adam Everett, Luke Scott, Chris Burke and Chad Qualls, just to name a few. Unfortunately, it's what has to be done to get a good offensive team. Now...what the hell are we going to do for pitching? We've traded away so many of our potentially good pitchers!

  • I suppose I should mention the Mitchell report and the steroid controversy. I don't know what to say. I'm sad for baseball and the blight this era will have on it in the history of baseball. I'm sad mostly for the guys who chose not to use and will be affected by all of this in the future. I could give a shit about Roger Clemens. He could very well be innocent but he's still an ass.

  • I'm no where NEAR ready for Christmas. I still have tons of shopping to do. I love getting gifts and I really love giving them, I just hate the crowds and the huge build-up of the holiday. I don't really have a lot to look forward to. It would be different if I were married and/or had kids but there really isn't any reason for me to get excited. Santa stopped visiting me a long time ago.

  • I don't do New Year's Resolutions for the very fact that I never keep them but I will TRY really hard to be a better blogger in 2008.

No comments: