Friday, April 13, 2007

More Imus Crap

I started to respond to Adam's comment in my own comments but it ended up so long-winded that I decided to turn it into another blog post.

Yeah, this isn't a popularity contest because if it were, I think Don Imus would have been off the air 30 yrs ago.
However, I think CBS's decision to fire him was bullshit.
If everyone is so offended by what he said, then let the market make that decision. Let his sponsors pull the plug. Let his listeners make that decision.
Imus didn't endanger anyone, he said something absolutely stupid and then apologized (ad nauseum) for it.

The thing that pisses me off the most is that it's fucking Al Sharpton leading the torch-bearing villagers.
Al Sharpton! I didn't hear a "My bad" from him when those Duke players were cleared of all charges, yet he was the one turning it into a race issue when they were originally charged.
Now, come to find out, the BLACK woman was the liar. Where's Sharpton now?
Oh right, he's vilifying Imus for a dumbass remark. As if Imus is some dangerous individual. I'm thinking Don Imus would snap in half if you sneezed on him. I don't think he's a threat to modern culture.

Laurence Simon made a good point in one of his posts about Al Sharpton and his glorious history.

You should go read it.

No comments: