1. I came just an inch or two from being hit by a car on a highway while rescuing a puppy from the middle of the road. (And I would do it again)
2. I have an addiction to blank books/journals and always have several to spare.
3. I have ADD.
4. I dislike my appearance so much that I sometimes wonder how I get the nerve to step outside my house.
5. I can pick up items and turn the bathtub faucet knobs with my toes.
6. I think my lips and my ears are my best features.
7. I love babies but don’t want any of my own.
8. I am obsessive compulsive about clean hands. I try very hard not to do things that will cause me to have dirty hands, like gardening, reading newspapers, washing dishes or cleaning the bathroom without gloves and I’ve refused to eat at a restaurant because they didn’t have a working restroom where I could wash my hands. (It also made me wonder where the employees were washing their hands)
9. I love my apartment not because it’s fancy and beautiful but because it’s the first place I've had that is mine and only mine.
10. I am comforted when surrounded by all my books.
11. I love M*A*S*H and can watch reruns over and over again.
12. I started collecting Gone With the Wind memorabilia when I was 13.
13. I shock myself at how well I play Jeopardy.
14. I love PBS.
15. I want to go back to college to get a degree in Art History.
16. I’ve seen nearly every movie Ginger Rogers ever made.
17. I am lactose intolerant.
18. I have lived in Texas all my life but only have an accent when I’m with my family.
19. I want to write a novel (or two).
20. My taste in music is eerily eclectic.
21. I am obsessed with Doctor Who.
22. I wrote several chapters of a novel when I was in high school and have NO idea where it is now.
23. I love British sitcoms like Last of the Summer Wine and Are You Being Served?.
24. I love my dogs as if they were my children.
25. I was in a small orchestra that performed for the King of Norway years ago.
26. I am obsessed with the color pink.
27. I had, at one time, 11 pairs of flip-flops.
28. I have an unhealthy addiction to purses (expensive ones).
29. I’ve read several entire books in one sitting at Barnes and Noble.
30. I’ve kept a paper journal since 1999.
31. I have so many books that I’ve run out of room on my shelves and have them stacked on the floor.
32. I’ve read everything Victoria Holt has ever written and that includes under her pseudonym, Philippa Carr.
33. I refuse to ask for directions when I’m lost.
34. I can’t stand people who don’t understand the need for personal space, eg. people who stand too close to you in check out lines.
35. My dream car is an Aston Martin Vanquish.
36. I usually read two or three books at a time.
37. I am the youngest of 5 girls but feel like an only child.
38. I belonged to the Monkees’ fan club when I was 13.
39. I eat Puffed Cheetos with a fork.
40. I have 4 tattoos and want more. (update: now I have 5) (update to the update: I have six now)
41. I got my first tattoo when I was 26.
42. I don’t have cable TV. (I do now) (Now I don't again)
43. I have a secret that only 2 people in the world know.
44. My current best friend has been my nonstop best friend since 1980.
45. When I was 14, I dated (and ONLY dated) a 24 yr old man who thought I was 17.
46. I love Victorian art.
47. I have a handful of baby names picked out yet I’m never having children.
48. I had pneumonia when I was 13 months old and had to live in an oxygen tent.
49. I smoke when I’m stressed out or super depressed.
50. I’ve met members of the Foo Fighters twice and hung out with their sound tech.
51. I have seven nieces and nephews.
52. I have two goddaughters.
53. My first nephew was born when I was 8.
54. I have the uncanny ability to completely erase people from my life.
55. I called my security blanket my “night night”.
56. Daisies are my favorite flower.
57. I have a hatbox where I keep notes, cards and letters from my exboyfriend. I also keep movie tickets, tickets from the symphony and the plays we’ve seen together, the cork from the first bottle of wine we shared, etc.
59. I’ve never been married and I’m a little afraid of it because I never want to get divorced.
60. I live just a few miles from the beach, yet I can’t really swim.
61. After my grandmother died and my sisters were fighting over who got what valuable items, I quietly took the hairbrush that she had for 40 years.
62. I once dated a man who was 28 yrs older than me.
63. Blue Bell Chocolate Chip is my favorite ice cream flavor.
64. I’m allergic to nitrates.
66. I have impeccable table manners.
67. I LOVE to cook.
68. I HATE to clean.
69. I want to learn to be a sommelier.
71. I don’t like pie.
72. I have a hard time being nice to people I don’t like for the sake of others.
73. As much as I believe in science and question the existence of God, deep down, I still believe.
74. As a child, instead of an imaginary friend, I had an imaginary family who lived in a pink house.
75. I'm a practicing Buddhist.
76. I started collecting candlesticks until I realized I had no place to put them.
77. I collect antique salt dips.
78. I have an awesome idea for a series of children’s books.
79. I have a hard time keeping in touch with people because I can’t call someone “just to talk”.
80. I make journals.
81. We moved to Mississippi when I was 5 and moved back here when I was 7.
82. I’ve been to Canada, twice.
83. I’ve been a Dallas Cowboys fan since I was 8.
84. I often feel like no one knows the real me only because I’m not very adept at showing who I really am.
85. I was in Who’s Who Among American High School Students.
86. I have a slight fear of birds.
87. I long to be inspired.
88. I’m easily grossed out but can clean up dog vomit and poopy without blinking an eye.
89. I think feet are disgusting.
90. I refuse to live in a house with rats or mice and have moved out of a house because of mice.
91. I am distantly related to Bobbie Gentry who sang Ode to Billy Joe.
92. I can play the saxophone.
93. I’ve had a short story published in a literary magazine.
94. I’ve always wanted a brother.
95. I would love to be a wedding planner.
96. I’ve allowed a guy to think I really liked him just to get him in bed.
97. I’m slightly ambidextrous.
98. I originally went to college to eventually become a director.
99. I hate being tall.
100. I can’t believe it took me 3 days to come up with 100 things!